INDUSTRIAL RED OXIDE
An excellent anti-corrosive steel primer suitable for spraying and brush application.
- Dries quickly
- Assures good adhesion of subsequent coats
- Excellent adhesion to metal
- Excellent opacity
- Surface Dry: 20 – 30 Minutes
- Hard Dry: 1 Hour
- Recoating Time: 1 Hour
- Application: Brush or airless spray
- Thinning: Use Top Paints’ QD Enamel Thinners for spray painting
- Spreading Rate: 9 – 10m²/litre, depending on surface porosity
- Cleaning: Top Paints’ QD Enamel Thinners
- Coats: 1 or 2
- Stir thoroughly with a flat paddle before and during use
Do not apply excessively thick coats as this may retard drying.
Surface must be dry, clean, firm and free from oil, grease, dust and other surface contaminants.
Mechanically, ex. abrasive blasting, shot blasting, sanding, etc., remove oxidation and loose rust. Use either Top Paints’ General Purpose Cleaner or Top Paints’ Degreaser and an abrasive pad to clean the surface thoroughly. Rinse with clean water until water break-free film is achieved and allow to dry. Ensure that all rust is removed as this will affect the adhesion properties of INDUSTRIAL RED OXIDE PRIMER. Apply 1 or 2 coats of INDUSTRIAL RED OXIDE PRIMER. Previously painted surfaces:
Remove any loose and flaking paint as well as rust, by sanding, scraping or abrasive blasting. Prime with 1 or 2 coats of INDUSTRIAL RED OXIDE.
1, 5, 20 and 200 litres
Store away from direct sunlight, heat and severe cold. Keep container sealed and avoid moisture contact.
During Winter months painting should be restricted to between 09H00 and 15H00, in Summer painting can be done between 08H00 and 16H00. Exterior surfaces – Do not paint if rain is imminent
For full Technical and Material Safety Data Sheets, please contact Top Paints (016) 362 1054 or send an enquiry to email@example.com