WOOD VARNISH INTERIOR
Clear gloss or suede varnish suitable for interior use. Ideal for use on cupboards, doors, wooden ceilings and skirting. Available in standard colours.
- Can be used on doors, skirtings, shelves, cupboards, ceilings and bookcases, etc
- Resistant to peeling and offers good protection
- Available in Clear, Light Oak, Dark Oak, Chestnut, Teak, Ebony and Mahogany.
- Surface Dry: 4 – 6 Hours
- Hard Dry: 16 Hours
- Recoating Time: 16 Hours
- Application: Brush
- Thinning: Top Paints’ Mineral Turpentine 3 parts Interior Varnish to 1 part Mineral Turpentine
- Spreading Rate: 12 – 14m²/litre, depending on surface porosity
- Cleaning: Top Paints’ Mineral Turpentine
- Coats: 2, or more if required
- Stir thoroughly with a flat paddle before use
Use sandpaper, 150 grit, to sand wood to a smooth finish, work in the direction of the grain, dust down. Thin first coat 3 parts INTERIOR VARNISH to 1 part Top Paints’ Mineral Turpentine, apply with brush. Allow to dry. Apply 1 or 2 more coats, thinned or un-thinned. Sand down between coats 320 grit sandpaper, dust down before applying next coat.
Previously Painted Surfaces
Previously painted with penetrating wood preservatives or oil:
Please contact Top Paints’ Technical Department.
If the surface is still in a good condition, sand down to a matt finish, gloss no longer visible. If sections of wood have decayed, sand down to a sound surface and fill. Thin first coat 3 parts INTERIOR VARNISH to 1 part Top Paints’ Mineral Turpentine, apply with brush. Allow to dry. Apply 1 or 2 more coats, thinned or un-thinned. Sand down between coats 320 grit sandpaper, dust down before applying next coat.
1 and 5 litres
Store away from direct sunlight, heat and severe cold. Keep container sealed and avoid moisture contact.
During Winter months painting should be restricted to between 09H00 and 15H00, in Summer painting can be done between 08H00 and 16H00. Exterior surfaces – Do not paint if rain is imminent.
For full Technical and Material Safety Data Sheets, please contact Top Paints (016) 362 1054 or send an enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org