A high quality water-based varnish suitable for interior and exterior wooden surfaces. Available in gloss and suede variants.
- Excellent adhesion to various wooden surfaces.
- Excellent UV and abrasion resistance.
- Available in gloss and suede finishes.
- Excellent water repellence and good fungal protection.
- Excellent protection against high humidity levels and sea spray.
- Environmentally friendly.
- Low odour.
- 100% lead-free
- Surface Dry: 30 Minutes @ 23°C
- Hard Dry: 4 Hours @ 23°C
- Recoating Time: 4 Hours @ 23°C
- Spreading Rate: 6 – 7 m²/litre, depending on surface porosity
- Packaging: 1 and 5 litres.
- Storage: Away from direct sunlight, heat and severe cold. Keep container sealed and avoid moisture contact.
Technical Data is given for Gloss.
- Viscosity: 76.5 ± 2 Ku
- S.G.: 1.04 ± 0.01
- Flash Point: Not determined
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Ensure good ventilation during application and drying.
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
- Do not smoke, eat or drink while using the product. Wash hands before eating.
- Store in cool dry place.
- Do not dispose of into natural water-ways or drainage system.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Consult a General Practitioner in case of contact with eyes or ingestion.
- Rain may spoil the paint before it dries
- Please see Material Safety Data Sheet for more information.
Ensure that surface is clean, dry and sound before painting.
Remove any grease, mortar droppings, oil, etc.
Sand surface in the direction of the grain with 150 grit sandpaper, to a smooth finish. Use a damp cloth to remove dust.
Previously Painted Surfaces
Previously varnished wood in a good condition:
Sand to a matt finish and remove dust with a damp cloth.
Previously varnished wood in a bad condition:
Remove old varnish by sanding with 150 grit sandpaper to a smooth finish. Use a damp cloth to remove dust.
Wood previously coated with wax sealer or oil based wood preservative:
Sand down the surface by mechanical means until no residue is left. Use a damp cloth to remove dust.
Previously painted wood:
Remove previous paint by sanding until bare wood surface is visible and smooth. Use a damp cloth to remove dust.
Weathered or discoloured wood:
Sand down the weathered or discoloured layer with 100 grit sandpaper. Sand bare wood with 150 grit sandpaper to a smooth finish. Use a damp cloth to remove dust.
Knots in wood:
Seal knots with appropriate knot sealer.
Use appropriate wood filler and sand to a smooth finish.
1 and 5 litres
Store away from direct sunlight, heat and severe cold. Keep container sealed and avoid moisture contact.
During Winter months painting should be restricted to between 09H00 and 15H00, in Summer painting can be done between 08H00 and 16H00. Exterior surfaces – Do not paint if rain is imminent.
For full Technical and Material Safety Data Sheets, please contact Top Paints (016) 362 1054 or send an enquiry to email@example.com