CEMENT FLOOR SEALER
UV-resistant clear sealer for use on cement floors and cobble paving for protection and decoration.
- Can be applied to new or old surfaces
- Abrasion resistant
- Suitable for exterior use
- Available in gloss and matt variants
- Surface Dry: 1 Hour
- Hard Dry: 2 Hours
- Recoating Time: 4 Hours
- Application: Roller or spray, brush for cobble paving
- Thinning: Not recommended
- Spreading Rate: 10 – 14 m²/litre, depending on surface porosity
- Cleaning: Top Paints’ Mineral Turpentine
- Coats: 1 or 2. It is advised to apply a third coat a few weeks later to retain maximum gloss.
- Stir thoroughly with a flat paddle before use
- It is recommended that a maintenance coat is applied every 6-9 months
Surface should be dry and free from loose particles, dust and oil. Washed concrete surfaces should be left to dry for at least two weeks. It is recommended that the tensile strength of concrete substrates should not be less than 1Mpa. For a more detailed schedule on surface preparation, please contact Top Paints’ Technical Department.
New concrete must be allowed to cure for at least 28 days before a coat of CEMENT FLOOR SEALER is applied. Laitance, the fine cement powder which comes to the surface after a floor has been laid, should be removed preferably by mechanical means. Acid etching is not recommended.
Previously Painted Surfaces
Old concrete should be clean and in good state of repair, i.e. cracks and holes should be filled. The best method of removing old paint is with the use of grit blasting. Not paint stripper. Oil and grease are best removed by steam cleaning in conjunction with Top Paints’ Detergent Solution. Old epoxy coated surfaces, or surfaces previously painted with CEMENT FLOOR SEALER should be roughened before a new coat is applied.
1, 5 and 20 litres
Store away from direct sunlight, heat and severe cold. Keep container sealed and avoid moisture contact.
During Winter months painting should be restricted to between 09H00 and 15H00, in Summer painting can be done between 08H00 and 16H00. Exterior surfaces – Do not paint if rain is imminent.
For full Technical and Material Safety Data Sheets, please contact Top Paints (016) 362 1054 or send an enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org