A new generation polyurethane / alkyd based interior / indirect sunlight semi-gloss floor coating. For use on high traffic areas.
- Excellent adhesion to range of dry, properly prepared flooring substrates
- Excellent flow and levelling properties, no mess application properties
- High hiding and film build
- Highly washable
- Alkali (moisture must be less than 15%), humidity and abrasion resistant
- Semi-gloss finish
- Available in a range of colours as per colour chart
- Urethane Alkyd
- Drying Time: 4 Hours
- Recoating Time: 18 – 24 Hours
- Application: Brush, roller or airless spray
- Thinning: Top Paints’ Mineral Turpentine. Thin first coat to aid penetration.For brush and roller application thin 5 parts STOEP PAINT to 1 part Mineral Turpentine by volume. For spray application thin 10 parts STOEP PAINTS to 1 part Mineral Turpentine by volume.
- Spreading Rate: 6 – 8m²/litre for 1st coat, depending on surface porosity 8 – 10m²/litre for 2nd coat, depending on surface porosity.
- Cleaning: Top Paints’ Mineral Turpentine
- Coats: 2
- Stir thoroughly with a flat paddle before use
Must be well cured, at least 28 days, clean and dry, moisture must be less than 15%, before painting. All cement and concrete floors must be protected by suitable damp coursing. All traces of oil, grease, polish, bitumen, adhesive and any other contaminants must be removed using Top Paints’ Degreaser and followed by clean water rinses to remove all traces of Degreaser. Ensure that a water break-free surface is obtained. Allow sufficient time to dry.
Steel Floated Floors:
Roughen smooth areas. Remove any cement spillage, high points and laitance by carborundum grinding or abrasive, non-metallic abrasives, blasting. Vacuum clean to remove all dust.
Wood Floated Floors:
Remove any high points by carborundum block grinding and use a vacuum cleaner to remove all dust.
Thin STOEP ENAMEL 10% with Mineral Turpentine for priming.
New Metal Surfaces:
Remove any grease from the manufacturer’s protective layer, by abrasive degreasing. Repeat this process until a water break-free film is obtained. Allow sufficient time for drying and use Top Paints’ Red Oxide Primer as primer.
Rusted Metal Surfaces:
Affected areas need to be cleaned back to bright metal and spot primed with Top Paints’ Red Oxide Primer.
Previously Painted Surfaces
Old Weathered Surfaces:
Use most suitable method to strip the surface completely and treat as new work.
Surfaces still in a good condition:
Remove any flaking and loose paint back to a firm edge and feather edges as required. All traces of oil, grease, polish, bitumen, adhesive and any other contaminants must be removed using Top Paints’ Degreaser and followed by clean water rinses to remove all traces of Degreaser. Ensure that a water break-free surface is obtained. Allow sufficient time to dry. Sand old paint to a matt surface. Remove dust. Spot prime with TOP PAINTS STOEP ENAMEL thinned with 5% Mineral Turpentine.
1 and 5 litres
Store away from direct sunlight, heat and severe cold. Keep container sealed and avoid moisture contact.
During Winter months painting should be restricted to between 09H00 and 15H00, in Summer painting can be done between 08H00 and 16H00. Exterior surfaces – Do not paint if rain is imminent.
For full Technical and Material Safety Data Sheets, please contact Top Paints (016) 362 1054 or send an enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org