This product is a solvent-born-2 pack coating and can be used for the protection of metal and concrete on interior surfaces
- 2-pack system
- For use on metal and concrete surfaces, where high levels of chemical and mechanical resistance are required
- Available in a range of colours as per colour chart, as well as clear.
- For interior use only
- Surface Dry: 4 Hours
- Hard Dry: 16 Hours maximum
- Recoating Time: 18 Hours
- Application: Brush, roller or spray
- Thinning: Top Paints’ Epoxy Thinners. Dilute first coat with 20% Top Paints Epoxy Thinners
- Spreading Rate: 5 – 6m²/litre, depending on surface porosity
- Cleaning: Top Paints’ Epoxy Thinners
- Coats: 2 or 3, allow sufficient drying time between coats
- Stir base and catalyst thoroughly with a flat paddle. After catalyst has been added to base stir thoroughly again. Allow to stand for approximately 5 minutes. Use within 3 hours.
The base and curing agent must be mixed prior to application in a ratio of:
Base : Curing Agent
4 : 1
Surface should be dry and free from loose particles, dust and oil. Washed concrete surfaces should be left to dry for at least two weeks. It is recommended that the tensile strength of concrete substrates should not be less than 1Mpa. For a more detailed schedule on surface preparation, please contact Top Paints’ Technical Department.
New concrete must be allowed to cure for at least 28 days before a coat of Top Paints’ Floor EPOXY is applied. Laitance (the fine cement powder which comes to the surface after a floor has been laid) should be removed preferably by mechanical means. Acid etching is not recommended.
Previously Painted Surfaces
Old concrete should be clean and in good state of repair, i.e. cracks and holes should be filled. The best method of removing old paint is with the use of grit blasting. Not paint stripper. Oil and grease are best removed by steam cleaning in conjunction with Top Paints’ Detergent Solution. Steel and other metals should be degreased and grit-blasted, followed by a conventional 2-pack Epoxy anti-corrosive metal primer followed by an epoxy topcoat. Old epoxy coated surfaces should be roughened before a new coat is applied.
1 litre catalyst and 4 litre base
Store away from direct sunlight, heat and severe cold. Keep container sealed and avoid moisture contact.
For full Technical and Material Safety Data Sheets, please contact Top Paints (016) 362 1054 or send an enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org