SECTION 1. IDENTIFICATION OF THE SUBSTANCE / PREPARATION
- TRADE NAME: Hardener Fast
- DOT CLASSIFICATION: N/A
- CAS NUMBER: Not applicable
- HAZARD RATING: 3[Y]E
- SAPMA: 2-H-E
- In case of an emergency contact Top Paints’ Technical Department (016) 362 1064
SECTION 2. COMPOSITION / INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS
EC CLASSIFICATION: F Xn R11,20/21, S36/37.02,13,16,43A,51,46
HMIS RATING: HEALTH = 1 FLAMMABILITY = 2 REACTIVITY = 0
*The user should determine appropriate personal protective equipment based on use conditions.
SECTION 3. HAZARDS IDENTIFICATION
- SAPMA HEALTH RATING: 2 – Moderate – Irritation or minor reversible injury possible.
- INGESTION: Irritating to gastrointestinal tract, abdominal pain, and diarrhea.
- INHALATION: Trace component, residual monomer, and other organics may be irritating to eyes, skin, mucous membranes, respiratory tract and may produce symptoms of headache, nausea in poorly ventilated areas. Harmful.
- SKIN CONTACT: Prolonged contact may cause transient reddening of the skin and irritation.
- EYE CONTACT: Direct contact may be irritating to eyes.
- CHRONIC EFFECTS: No records found May have short-term environmental effects. Contain, monitor & remove.
SECTION 4. FIRST AID MEASURES
- INGESTION: Wash mouth with lots of water, consult a physician. DO NOT INDUCE VOMITING.
- INHALATION: Remove to fresh air. If irritation persists, seek medical attention. If victim is not breathing, qualified personnel should administer artificial respiration. Seek immediate medical attention.
- SKIN CONTACT: Wash affected area thoroughly with mild soap and water. If irritation develops and persists seek medical attention.
- EYE CONTACT: Immediately flush eyes for 15 minutes occasionally lifting eyelids. If victim wears contact lenses, remove lenses and continue rinsing. Obtain medical attention.
SECTION 5. FIRE FIGHTING MEASURES
- FIRE EXTINGUISHING MEDIA: Carbon dioxide, foam, dry chemical and water fog
- SPECIAL FIRE FIGHTING PROCEDURES: Use water to keep fire exposed containers cool. If a leak or spill has not ignited use water spray to disperse vapours and to protect personnel attempting to stop leak. Do not use water jets directly on fire.
- SPECIAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: For fires in enclosed areas, fire fighters must wear self contained breathing apparatus.
- UNUSUAL FIRE AND EXPLOSION HAZARDS: Material is flammable and if exposed to flames can generate toxic fumes.
SECTION 6. ACCIDENTAL RELEASE MEASURES
SEE ALSO SECTION 5,8,13
Contain and collect – Use an Inert NOT sawdust. Keep out sewers and drains.
SECTION 7. HANDLING AND STORAGE
- STORAGE: Store separately from any reactive substances – oxidisers in particular. Store between 5 and 35°C in a dry, well ventilated place.
- FIRE: No open flames. No smoking. No sparks.
- EXPLOSION: Keep containers cool. Avoid free fall of liquid – use earthing
SECTION 8. EXPOSURE CONTROLS / PERSONAL PROTECTION
- RESPIRATORY PROTECTION: Use appropriate approved respirator in areas with poor ventilation and when exposed to spray mists.
- VENTILATION: General room ventilation is expected to be satisfactory. Use local exhaust if needed.
- EYE PROTECTION: Safety glasses or face shield and available eye bath.
- PROTECTIVE GLOVES: Use gloves impervious to water and soap.
- INGESTION: Wash hands before eating, drinking or smoking.
- GENERAL: Appropriate hand protection and protective clothing must be used.
SECTION 9. PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL PROPERTIES
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- APPEARANCE: Clear
- ODOR: Pungent pH
- INFORMATION: N/A
- BOILING POINT: >35
- FLASH POINT: <23 – derived
- VAPOR PRESSURE: Not Determined
- VISCOSITY: FC4 11.00 seconds SPECIFIC GRAVITY: 0.91
SECTION 10. STABILITY AND REACTIVITY
This product is stable under normal (ambient) conditions and hazardous polymerization will not occur. No reaction with fire fighting water
Conditions or materials to avoid: Heat, sparks, flame and build up of static electricity
SECTION 11. TOXICOLOGICAL INFORMATION
No serious threats could be established.
SECTION 12. ECOLOGICAL INFORMATION
May have short term ecological effects. Contain, monitor and remove
SECTION 13. DISPOSAL INFORMATION
Use reputable waste disposal contractors. Used containers to be destroyed
SECTION 14. TRANSPORT INFORMATION
UN No.: 1263 PAINT PRODUCT EAC : 127 Hazchem: 3[Y]E
SECTION 15. REGULATORY INFORMATION
- EC Classification: F Xn R11,20/21,65,66,67 S36/37,02,13,16,43A,51,62
- R11: Highly Flammable
- R20/21: Harmful by inhalation and contact with the skin
- S36/37: Wear suitable protective clothing and gloves
- S2: Keep out of reach of children (Retail sales items)
- S13: Keep away from food, drink and animal feeding stuffs
- S16: Keep away from sources of ignition – No smoking
- S46: If swallowed seek medical advice immediately and show this container or label
- S51: Use only in well ventilated areas
- S43A: In case of fire, use water fog, foam or powder – Do not use water jets!
SECTION 16. OTHER INFORMATION
If any discomfort occurs – seek medical advice. Take precautionary measures against static discharge.
For full Technical and Material Safety Data Sheets, please contact Top Paints (016) 362 1054 or send an enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org