BODYFILLER ULTRA LIGHT
A diligent formulated product to achieve a low density, based on the latest technology. It is an easily sandable repair filler suited for the automotive refinish trade
Top Paints’ Hotrod Bodyfiller Ultra Light is based on a pre-accelerated polyester resin base. It utilises “state of art” extender to achieve light weight characteristics. This product should be cured with paste peroxide catalyst.
- Top Paints’ Hotrod Bodyfiller Ultra Light has good sanding characteristics, rapid curing, extremely light weight nature and is easy to apply.
- It can be used to fill dents, dings, scratches, rust minor damage and small holes. It can also work on large areas with its creamy and smooth spreading texture.
- Can be overcoated with Top Paints’ Hotrod 2K Refinisher and MS Primer.
Sand or grind surface to remove rust, paint, dirt etc. Ensure that the surface is free from grease, oil, dust and water. This product is suitable to use on steel, electrozinc-coated, galvanized, aluminium and polyester surfaces. Apply an epoxy primer where maximum protection is needed. Do not apply on wash primer and thermoplastic finishes. For large areas abrade with P40 – P60, for smaller areas abrade with P80, removing only the paint. Use P80 to remove any P40 – P60 sanding mark and to featheredge te paint.
- Application: Flexible plastic applicator or putty knife
- Thinning: Do not add thinners to this product
- Cleaning: Clean utensils with Top Paints’ 2K Thinners
- Mixing Ratio: approx 1% to 2% catalyst to filler
- Recommended: Dry Film Thickness (DFT) Varies widely depending upon type of repair
- Application Viscosity: Paste
- Flash off time: Not applicable
- Drying Condition: 6 – 8 minutes
- Pot Life: Only 4 – 5 minutes working time after mixing in catalyst
- Viscosity: Paste – S.G.: 1.58
- Flash Point: Above 23°C both base and catalyst component
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Ensure good ventilation during application and drying.
- Avoid skin and eye contact. Use safety glasses or face shield, appropriate gloves and protective clothing.
- Do not smoke, eat or drink while using the product.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Do not dispose of into natural water-ways or drainage system.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Consult a General Practitioner in case of contact with eyes or ingestion. Do not induce vomiting.
- Flammable – Keep away from heat, sparks, open flames or any other possible sources of ignition.
- Please see Material Safety Data Sheet for more information.
For full Technical and Material Safety Data Sheets, please contact Top Paints (016) 362 1054 or send an enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org