SUPER HIGH GLOSS ENAMEL
UV resistant tough and durable enamel which dries to a smooth easy to clean surface. Excellent economy in use and adhesion to primed metal, cement and wood. Superior gloss and colour retention. SUPER HIGH GLOSS ENAMEL is suitable for interior as well as exterior use on window frames.
- Tough and durable
- Dries to a smooth easy to clean surface
- Suitable for interior and exterior use
- Excellent economy in use
- Excellent adhesion to primed metal, cement and wood
- Excellent gloss and colour retention
- Available in a White as well as range of standard colours as per colour chart. Can also be tinted to a variety of colours.
- 12-year life expectancy
- Surface Dry: 2.5 – 3 Hours
- Hard Dry: 9 – 10 Hours
- Recoating Time: 16 Hours
- Application: Brush, roller or airless spray
- Thinning: Use Top Paints’ Mineral Turpentine if required for spray application thin with QDE Thinners
- Spreading Rate: 8 – 9m²/litre, depending on surface porosity
- Cleaning: Top Paints’ Mineral Turpentine
- Coats: 1 or 2
- Stir thoroughly with a flat paddle before use
Some acrylic, water-based, paints may contain ammonia. Ammonia vapours can cause yellowing of enamel paints. Do not paint simultaneously in the same area.
Cement -, Gypsum Plaster, Concrete, Fibre-Cement, Hardboard:
Prime with Top Paints’ Plaster Primer
Sand to a smooth finish, seal knots and prime with Top Paints’ Pink Wood Primer
Clean with Top Paints’ Degreaser and rinse thoroughly until a water break-free film is achieved. Sand or use scouring pads to remove all rust. Use Top Paints’ etch primer of waterbased zinc phosphate primer to prime entire surface.
Clean with Top Paints’ Degreaser and rinse thoroughly until a water break-free film is achieved. Remove all rust by mechanical grinding or coarse sanding. Prime with either Top Paints’ etch primer of waterbased zinc phosphate primer.
Previously Painted Surfaces
Old paint in sound condition:
Remove any flaking and loose paint, clean and prime with appropriate primer (as per information given above). Top Paints’ Bonding Liquid can be used on very powdery surfaces. Sand surface down and remove dust before applying a coat of Top Paints’ Bonding Liquid. Leave to dry for at least 24 hours before applying a coat of Top Paints’ Fillercoat. Fillercoat must be left to dry for at least 4 hours. Glossy enamel surfaces must be sanded to a matt finish. Use Top Paints’ Plaster Primer on surfaces previously painted with emulsion paints.
Old paint in poor condition:
Completely strip surface and treat as new work.
1, 5 and 20 litres.
Store away from direct sunlight, heat and severe cold. Keep container sealed and avoid moisture contact.
During Winter months painting should be restricted to between 09H00 and 15H00, in Summer painting can be done between 08H00 and 16H00. Exterior surfaces – Do not paint if rain is imminent.
For full Technical and Material Safety Data Sheets, please contact Top Paints (016) 362 1054 or send an enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org