An alkali resistant undercoat for interior and exterior plaster, concrete, fibre cement and Rhinolited surfaces
- An alkali resistant primer
- Assists in preventing future pealing and flaking of paint
- Pigmented bonding liquid
- Improve resistance to rising damp in wet areas
- Drying Time: 4 Hours
- Recoating Time: 16 Hours
- Application: Brush, roller or airless spray
- Thinning: Not recommended for brush or roller application. For spray application thin 10 parts PLASTER PRIMER with 1 part Mineral Turpentine by volume.
- Spreading Rate: 4 – 6m²/litre, depending on surface porosity
- Cleaning: Top Paints’ Mineral Turpentine
- Coats: 1 or 2
- Stir thoroughly with a flat paddle before use
Newly Plastered Surfaces:
Walls should be left to dry for at least 21 – 28 days, moisture levels should be 15% or below, before painting, brush down to remove any loose particles. PLASTER PRIMER is supplied ready for use, but can be thinned for use on very sandy surfaces by using a hydrocarbon solvent such as Top Paints’ Mineral Turpentine. The dilution ratio should not exceed 5 parts PLASTER PRIMER : 1 part Top Paints’ Mineral Turpentine. A second undiluted coat might be necessary in severe cases.
Previously Painted Surfaces:
Flaking or loose paint must be completely removed. Powder distemper and lime wash must be removed until the underlying brickwork or plaster can be seen, grey. If paint surface has chalked on exterior exposure remove as much loose powder as possible by means of brushing and washing. Allow to dry before applying PLASTER PRIMER.
1, 5 and 20 litres.
Store away from direct sunlight, heat and severe cold. Keep container sealed and avoid moisture contact.
During Winter months painting should be restricted to between 09H00 and 15H00, in Summer painting can be done between 08H00 and 16H00. Exterior surfaces – Do not paint if rain is imminent.
For full Technical and Material Safety Data Sheets, please contact Top Paints (016) 362 1054 or send an enquiry to email@example.com