WATER-BASED MARINE VARNISH
A hardwearing acrylic resin blend varnish suitable for use in coastal areas.
- Excellent adhesion to various wooden surfaces.
- Excellent UV and abrasion resistance.
- Available in gloss and suede finishes.
- Excellent water repellence and good fungal protection.
- Excellent protection against high humidity levels and sea spray.
- Environmentally friendly.
- Low odour.
- 100% lead-free
- Surface Dry: 30 Minutes @ 23°C
- Hard Dry: 24 Hours @ 23°C
- Recoating Time: 4 Hours @ 23°C
- Spreading Rate: 7- 8 m²/litre, depending on surface porosity
- Packaging: 1 and 5 litres.
- Storage: Away from direct sunlight, heat and severe cold. Keep container sealed and avoid moisture contact
Technical Data for Gloss:
- Viscosity: 76.5 ± 2 Ku
- S.G.: 1.04 ± 0.01
Technical Data for Suede:
- Viscosity: 67 ± 2 Ku
- S.G.: 1.04 ± 0.01
- Flash Point: Not determined
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Ensure good ventilation during application and drying.
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
- Do not smoke, eat or drink while using the product. Wash hands before eating.
- Store in cool dry place.
- Do not dispose of into natural water-ways or drainage system.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Consult a General Practitioner in case of contact with eyes or ingestion.
- Rain may spoil the paint before it dries
- Please see Material Safety Data Sheet for more information.
Ensure that surface is clean, dry and sound before painting.
Ensure that wood is completely dry before commencing with work.
Sand surface down with 150 – 180 grit sandpaper, sand with the grain. Remove dust with a damp cloth.
Apply WATER-BASED MARINE VARNISH and allow to dry as per recommendations given below.
Sand surface between coats with a fine grit sandpaper
Previously varnished or treated surfaces, or surfaces in a poor condition:
Sand surface down until bare wooden surface is visible and the surface is smooth. It is important to sand with the grain. Remove dust with a damp cloth.
Previously varnished with MARINE VARNISH:
Use 360 grit sandpaper and abrade surface lightly. Remove dust with a damp cloth.
For full Technical and Material Safety Data Sheets, please contact Top Paints (016) 362 1054 or send an enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org