A non-slip polurethane bakkie liner for use on load beds and tail lifts of bakkies, trucks and trailers. You can also create non-slip walkways, ramps and stairs with the use of this product.
Top Paints’ Hotrod Hot Bak provides extreme toughness, protection from weather, chemicals, corrosion, solvents and abrasion. This product is easy to apply and fast drying and offers an attractive finish that won’t peel, flake or chip, even with impact.
- Ready to use and easy to apply
- Prevents rust
- Can be overcoated
- Bond to itself, can be repaired
- Textured finish
Ensure that the surface is free from any surface contaminants, clean and dry.
Strip surface and sand down any rust or mill scale. Prime the surface with Top Paints’ Hotrod Hot Liner.
Strip to bare metal and clean with Top Paints’ Xylene. Prime with Top Paints’ Etch Primer. Where pooling
of water is expected, apply Top Paints’ Hotrod Hot Liner.
Clean off dirt and grease with Top Paints’ GP Cleaner, until a water break-free surface is achieved. Rinse
with water and allow to dry. Apply Top Paints’ Water-Based Zinc Phosphate Primer the same day that
the surface is prepared to avoid rust from spreading.
Abrade and clean surface with Top Paints’ Xylene, apply Top Paints’ Hotrod Hot Bak directly to surface.
Wood: Abrade and clean the surface before applying Top Paints’ Hotrod Hot Bak directly to the surface.
Varnish and glossy paints:
Abrade the surfae to a smooth, matt finish. Clean surface and directly apply Hotrod Hot Bak.
Clean surface properly with Top Paints’ Xylene, let dry and test adhesion first before applying Top Paints’
Hotrod Hot Bak to the whole surface.
New cement needs to cure first for at least 28 days. Acid etch old and new cement first then rinse well and
let surface dry.
Mask of areas not to be coated.
Brush on: Top Paints’ Hotrod Hot Bak should be laid onto the surface and not brushed backwards
and forward as with enamel paint. Spray on: Screw spray gun onto can, attach airline providing a minimum pressure of 5 bar. Apply in thin layers to prevent mudcracking during drying time. Only recoat when the first coat
is completely dry.
Application is quicker and final texture rougher when applied with a stipple roller.
– Curing time: Touch dry: 2 – 4 hours @ 25°C
4 – 7 days @ 25°C (full strength and chemical resistance), can be put to use in approx.
24 hours. This product cures with atmospheric moisture. If product needs to cure
in shorter times or low atmospheric moisture, an accelerator can be added.
Overcoating and repair:
Easily repairable and overcoatable. Clean and abrade old surface withwire brush or sandpaper. Cut out damaged surfaces to provide and area without loose edges. Apply as per application instructions. If this product is left for more than 24 hours after application, abrade before recoating to aid intercoat adhesion. Top Paints’s Hotrod Hot Bak provides a seamless repair, if correctly done.
Top Paints’ Xylene in uncured state. Any spills and overspray to be removed immediately.
2 Parts Top Paints’ Hotrod Refinsher base component : 1 Part Top Paints’ Hotrod Hardener component (by volume)
– Recommended: Dry Film Thickness (DFT): ±50 micron in 2-3 coats (wet on wet)
Application Viscosity: 16 – 18 second FC4 @ 25°C
Flash off time: 20 – 30 minutes
Pot Life: 4 – 6 hours @ ambient temperature
- Density: 1,03g/cm3 (brush version)
- Soluble in: Xylene
- Weathering: Excellent (may fade)
- Flexibility: Excellent
- Temperature: Application: 10°C – 30°C Service: -30°C – 50°C
- Explosive limits: Lower: 2.1% by volume Upper: 11.5% by volume
- Toxicity: Toxic in uncured state
- Shelf life: 1 year
Away from direct sunlight, heat and severe cold. Keep container sealed and avoid moisture contact.
Exothermic reaction with amines, alcohols, acids and alkalis in unured state. Reacts with water forming CO2. Closed containers may rupture owing to increase of pressure. Pressurized containers to be opened carefully to release pressure.
decomposition: None below initial boiling point
- Flash Point: > 23°C
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Ensure good ventilation during application and drying.
- Avoid skin and eye contact. Use safety glasses or face shield, appropriate gloves and protective clothing.
- Do not smoke, eat or drink while using the product.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Do not dispose of into natural water-ways or drainage system.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Consult a General Practitioner in case of contact with eyes or ingestion. Do not induce vomiting.
- Flammable – Keep away from heat, sparks, open flames or any other possible sources of ignition.
- Please see Material Safety Data Sheet for more information.
For full Technical and Material Safety Data Sheets, please contact Top Paints (016) 362 1054 or send an enquiry to email@example.com