A tough and tintable 2K polyurethane coating. Provides surfaces with a protective barrier which can withstand tough situations.
- Quick and easy to use
- Provides excellent adhesion to a range of substrates
- Resistant to most chemicals
- Water reisistant – keeps out moisture and reduces rust
- UV resistant
- Provides a durable stain and scratch resistant surface
- Protects from rust and corrosion
- Can be tinted
Substrates Top Paints’ Hot Liner can be used on: Bare Metal*, Aluminium*, Original Paint, Galvanized*, Fibreglass, E-coat*, Concrete*, GRP, Polyester Fillers, Rigid Plastic*, SMC, Wood*.
*Some substrates may require additional surface preparation before applying Top Paints’ Hotrod Hot Liner.
For best results, preparation of the surface is of import:
- Remove any loose particles from surface
- Clean and degrease
- Sand down surface with required sand paper and clean
- Coat with suitable adhesion promoter in the hard to reach areas, e.g. internal corners
- Aluminium and galvanize abrade with 80 -180
- Bare metal abrade with 120 – 180
- Localized rub-thrus, prime with two coats etch primer.
- Large exposed areas of bare metal, full 2K primer system required for optimum adhesion and corrosion resistance
- Rigid plastic and fibreglass abrade with 120 – 180, clean and degrease
- Flexible plastic, abrade with180 – 320, clean and degrease. Adhesion promoter required for proper adhesion.
- OEM E-coat, scuff surface with coarse abrasive pad, clean and degrease
- Top Paints’ Hotrod Hot Liner can be applied directly to stable wood
- Clean and remove dust from concrete surface. No sealing required.
- Top Paints’ Hotrod Hot Liner does not adhere to polyethylene.
- Method: Fill – Shake – Shoot
- Ratio: Hot Liner : Buff Bak Hardener
- 1000g – 777g (coating) : 223g (hardener)
- 500g – 388g (coating) : 112g (hardener)
- Pot life: 60 min @ 20°C (when activated)
Buf Bak Hardener to be used with Hotrod Hot Liner only
Application with spraygun:
- Attach the application gun to the mixed bottle of Hotrod Hot Liner.
- Air pressure should be 40 – 60 PSI.
- Spray on the prepared surface with an even sweeping motion to obtain the desired texture.
- Allow flash of for 60 minutes between coats.
(It is recommended to spray a test panel first to ensure a desired texture is achieved)
Application with roller:
- Pour mixture into a paint tray.
- Cut all corners with a brush.
- Apply Hotrod Hot Liner with an open textured roller, using medium pressure This method creates a lower build than
the spraying method.
IDEAL TEMPERATURE FOR APPLICATON IS 20°C WITH HUMIDITY OF LESS THAN 60%.
Coats: 2 coats recommended 1 coat: 230μ 2 coats: 475μ
Flash-off / min @ 20°C – Wait 60 mins. between coats
Drying time: Touch dry: (20°C) Less than an hour
Thorough dry: (20°C) 5-7 days
Do not allow Hotrod Hot Liner to come in contact with water for at least 72 hours Reduces temperatures, flash-off time, higher temp. or excessive film build may alter drying time
Baking: Can be baked for 30 mins. @ 60°C. Baking will speed up the initial cure. 7 days for regular is
is still recommended.
Top Paints’ Hotrod Hot Liner can be overpainted when following instructions as below:
- Let the sprayed surface cure for 24 hours
- Abrade surface with a fine abrasive pad
- Clean and degrease
- Viscosity: 125 – post (Black)
- S.G.: 1.41 (Black)
- Flash Point: – 18°C
- Solid content: Approx. 57 %
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Ensure good ventilation during application and drying.
- Avoid skin and eye contact. Use safety glasses or face shield, appropriate gloves and protective clothing.
- Do not smoke, eat or drink while using the product.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Do not dispose of into natural water-ways or drainage system.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Consult a General Practitioner in case of contact with eyes or ingestion. Do not induce vomiting.
- Flammable – Keep away from heat, sparks, open flames or any other possible sources of ignition.
- Please see Material Safety Data Sheet for more information.
For full Technical and Material Safety Data Sheets, please contact Top Paints (016) 362 1054 or send an enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org