A high quality, polyvinyl butyral and phenolic resin, for use on all galvanised iron, aluminium and mild steel.
- When used as a high build system ETCH PRIMER reduces under creep of rust.
- Fast drying.
- Excellent adhesion to metal and aluminium surfaces as well as top coats to the substrate.
- Available in Black, Red & White.
- Surface Dry: 1 – 2 hours, depending on ambient temperature
- Recoating Time: 2 days, for Epoxies and Urethanes
2 hours, for conventional coatings
Do not leave uncoated for more than 1 month
- Spreading Rate: 8m²/litre, depending on surface porosity
- Packaging: 1, 5, 20 and 200 litres
- Storage: Away from direct sunlight, heat and severe cold.
Keep container sealed and avoid moisture contact.
- Stir thoroughly with a flat paddle and periodically during use.
- Application: Brush or spray
- Thinning: Top Paints’ Etch Primer Thinners, if necessary
- Thinning Ratio: Brush – 5-10%, if required
Spray – 10-25%
Airless Spray – 5%
- Cleaning: Top Paints’ Etch Primer Thinners
- Coats: 1 or 2
- Recommended Dry Film Thickness (DFT) is 15-25 microns
Surface must be dry, clean, firm and free from oil, grease, dust and other surface contaminants.
Ensure that surface is clean and rust free before priming. Use abrasive blasting to Sa2 minimum to remove rust and mill scale. Not recommended that hand cleaning is used.
Clean surface with an abrasive cleaner, as per manufacturer’s recommendations.
All loose materials must be removed and degrease substrate with Top Paints’ Degreaser and scouring pads. Rinse with clean water until water break-free film is achieved. Leave to dry.
Previously Painted Surfaces
Use most suitable method, as stated above, to clean back to sound substrate. Test area to ensure that existing paint will not lift. Blast or strip off if lift occurs.
Do not apply over rusty, unprepared surfaces.
For full Technical and Material Safety Data Sheets, please contact Top Paints (016) 362 1054 or send an enquiry to email@example.com