ZINC PHOSPHATE QD PRIMER
A high quality anti-corrosive steel primer, suitable for spraying.
- Contains zinc phosphate anti-corrosive pigment
- Fast drying
- Excellent adhesion to metal
- Available in Green
- Surface Dry: 20 – 30 Minutes
- Hard Dry: 1 Hour
- Recoating Time: 1 Hour
- Application: Roller, brush or airless spray
- Thinning: Top Paints’ QD Thinners can be used if necessary for brush and roller application. Use also for spray application.
- Spreading Rate: 9 – 10m²/litre, depending on surface porosity
- Cleaning: Top Paints’ QD Enamel Thinners
- Coats: 1 or 2
- Stir thoroughly with a flat paddle before and during use
Surface must be dry, clean, firm and free from oil, grease, dust and other surface contaminants.
Mechanically, ex. abrasive blasting, shot blasting, sanding, etc., remove oxidation and loose rust. Use either Top Paints’ General Purpose Cleaner or Top Paints’ Degreaser and an abrasive pad to clean the surface thoroughly. Rinse with clean water until water break-free film is achieved and allow to dry. Ensure that all rust is removed as this will affect the adhesion properties of ZINC PHOSPHATE QD PRIMER. Apply 1 or 2 coats of ZINC PHOSPHATE QD PRIMER.
Remove all previous paint and treat as new work.
1, 5 and 20 litres
Store away from direct sunlight, heat and severe cold. Keep container sealed and avoid moisture contact.
During Winter months painting should be restricted to between 09H00 and 15H00, in Summer painting can be done between 08H00 and 16H00. Exterior surfaces – Do not paint if rain is imminent.
For full Technical and Material Safety Data Sheets, please contact Top Paints (016) 362 1054 or send an enquiry to email@example.com