An excellent formulated two pack coating ideally suited for the automotive refinish trade. Excellent gloss, durability and original equipment appearance.
Top Paints’ Hotrod 2K Refinisher is based on an excellent quality, highly formulated resin system. It is cured with a hardener component, based on isocyanate.
- High quality twin pack finish
- Toners are intermixable for easy colour matching
- UV resistant
- Exceptional gloss, flow and colour retention
- Very good mechanical and chemical resistance
- Weather resistant
Sound painted surfaces should be slightly abraded with ± 600 water paper to achieve best results. Ensure that the surface is free from any surface contaminants, clean and dry. Use Top Paints’ Hotrod MS Primer to prime surface.
- Application: Spray only (use air fed repirator)
- Thinning: Top Paints’ 2K Thinners Thin 5 – 10% 18 – 20 sec DIN 4 @ 23°C
- Cleaning: Top Paints’ 2K Thinners
- Mixing Ratio: 2 Parts Top Paints’ Hotrod Refinsher base component : 1 Part Top Paints’ Hotrod Hardener component (by volume)
- Recommended: Dry Film Thickness (DFT): ±50 micron in 2-3 coats (wet on wet)
- Application Viscosity: 16 – 18 second FC4 @ 25°C – Flash off time: 20 – 30 minutes
- Drying Condition: Air dry – Surface Dry 1 – 2 hours @ 23°C Hard dry – Overnight 15 – 16 hours @ 23°C Force dry – 30 min – 1 hour @ 60°C panel temperature
- Pot Life: 4 – 6 hours @ ambient temperature
- 1.3 – 1.4 mm HVLP: 1.8 – 2 bar, Conventional: 3 – 4 bar, 2 coats = 30 – 40 microns (approx)
- 1.5 – 1.17 mm, Conventional: 3 – 4 bar, 2 coats = 30 – 40 microns
- Orbital sander: P400 – P500
- Wet sanding: P600 – P800
- Solid Content: Typically 57% by wt 42% by volume
- Spreading Rate: ± 9m² / L @ 50 micron dry film thickness
- Colours: Black, White, Clear and a range of toners
- Finish: Gloss
- Packaging: 500ml, 1L, 5L and 25L Toners – 1L and 5L
- Storage: Away from direct sunlight, heat and severe cold Keep container sealed and avoid moisture contact
- Viscosity: 70 – 75 depending on colour
- S.G.: 0.96 – 1.16 depending on colour
- Flash Point: Above 21°C
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Ensure good ventilation during application and drying.
- Avoid skin and eye contact. Use safety glasses or face shield, appropriate gloves and protective clothing.
- Do not smoke, eat or drink while using the product.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Do not dispose of into natural water-ways or drainage system.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Consult a General Practitioner in case of contact with eyes or ingestion. Do not induce vomiting.
- Flammable – Keep away from heat, sparks, open flames or any other possible sources of ignition.
- Please see Material Safety Data Sheet for more information.
For full Technical and Material Safety Data Sheets, please contact Top Paints (016) 362 1054 or send an enquiry to email@example.com